I love teaching and creating environments for learning, and have been involved in it for almost as long as I remember myself. I teach in the fields of art history, cultural theory and visual studies, often in interdisciplinary contexts, both on MA and BA levels. I have taught in the Netherlands and in Estonia. At the moment I am preparing for teaching ‘Narrating Difficult Knowledge in Museums and Visual Art’ (for MA and BA students) at Estonian Academy of Arts and Tallinn University.
Here is a list of courses I have taught so far.
- ‘Museum Meanings’ (BA level)
- ‘The Making of Crucial Differences: Race, Class, Gender and Sexuality’ (BA level)
- ‘Community Art I-II’ (MA level)
- ‘Introduction to Cultural Studies: Doing Cultural Studies’ (BA level)
- ‘Research and Writing Skills’ (MA level)
Rietveld Academy, University of Amsterdam, Royal Academy of Arts
- ‘Writing and Research Skills’ (MA-level) Sandberg Institute, Amsterdam
- ‘Event in Artistic and Political Practices’ (MA and PhD levels, with Eva Fotiadi and Thijs Witty), in collaboration with University of Amsterdam/ Rietveld Academy
- ‘Michel Foucault’s Philosophy: Body, Truth, Institution and Author’ (MA-level) Royal Academy of Arts, The Hague
Tallinn University, Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre
- ‘Sociology of Arts’ (MA and BA levels, with Airi-Alina Allaste), Tallinn University
- ‘Problems in Contemporary Art’ (MA level) Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre
- ‘Art History from Renaissance To Present’ (BA level) Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre